Serviced office, flexible office, incubator, co-working space: there are lots of terms to describe what are, basically, serviced offices.
Serviced office contracts can be short, medium or long term. You only have one bill – the fee (rent). And spaces come ready-fitted with furniture and IT infrastructure. You can get to work almost immediately, and move somewhere else in the city just as fast.
Historically, serviced offices were used by smaller businesses, and as project or overspill space for larger companies. These ‘off the shelf’ or ‘plug and play’ environments were rarely larger than 50 desks.
But today, many sites also offer more tailored, enterprise options. Designed for businesses with 50-1,000+ people, some have distinct brands that suit particular industries or working styles. They also are becoming increasingly attractive due to the relatively reduced costs and timings compared to traditional leasing.
A flexible choice
You can take on private floor plates or entire buildings. There is usually a wealth of choice when it comes to the spaces too, from basic rooms with desks to über cool environments with gyms, terraces or their own, distinct cultures.
Equally, it is easy to get more floor space when you need it; or scale your operation down. And because you share the building, you might also find opportunities to collaborate with neighbourly firms.
Tailored for you
As you would expect, we have access to the entire market, as well as off-market locations that have not yet been launched. Once we identify a location, we can take a brief from you and negotiate a fit out so that, as well as enjoying all the building’s services and amenities, you can thrive in a space that is right for you.
- Simply walk in and start work.
- There are minimal set up costs.
- There is only one all-inclusive monthly invoice.
- No management or repair costs.
- Easy to increase or reduce space.
- You can use sister sites for meetings and networking.
- Not 100% tailored for your needs.
- Some serviced office brands aren’t suited to particular industries.
- Unless part of a fit out, you share kitchens, meeting rooms and break out areas with other businesses.
- Usually costs more over long periods than leasing.
- Still unsure?
Not sure if a serviced office is 100% right for you? Read about the advantages of a traditional leased property.
BUILD YOUR BRIEF
Get detailed rates and availability for office space in London