- Size – 38,594 sq ft
- Project type – Acquisition
- Location – Kings Cross
- Industry – Real Estate
- Year completed – 2014
Clients key concerns & challenges
- Modernising its office accommodation to better reflect the needs of customers, clients and investors
- Finding an office location with better access to Hammerson’s Paris office and its shopping centres in the north of the U.K.
- Providing a flexible office that allows Hammerson to grow over time
- C&W identified and secured new premises for Hammerson at Kings Place, Kings Cross.
- The premises met Hammerson’s requirements for a flexible, modern and accessible work place in one of London’s most creative new quarters.
A fitting space for an increasingly high-profile business
Hammerson wanted to give their customers, clients, investors and employees an office that better reflected their status. Their current offices were not well located either; the new site had to include easy access to their Paris office and its shopping centres in the north of the UK.
King’s Cross, with its Eurostar trains across the Channel and overland links to the North, was the ideal area. The chosen site, Kings Place, was a newly developed building in one of London’s most exciting and creative regenerations.
Future-focused, Hammerson’s lease also included the flexibility to increase the scale of their operation.