George P Johnson Worldwide
- Size – 15,000 sq ft
- Project type – Acquisition
- Location – Southbank
- Industry – Media
- Year completed – 2017
Clients key concerns & challenges
- Relocation from Kingston to Central London – Waterloo identified as key for transport links
- New HQ needed to reflect the George P Johnson / Project Worldwide brand and ethos
- Financial impact to be minimised given relocation from Greater London
- Pre-let 15,000 sq ft at 53 Great Suffolk Street, SE1
- Secured exclusive rights over the roof terrace with views of the Southbank, City and West End
- Secured a short term lease extension in Kingston to facilitate relocation to 53 Great Suffolk Street as preferred option
A breathtaking first Central London address
Project Worldwide, a network of marketing and design agencies, and George P Johnson, one of their brands; needed a Central London location that suited their creative personality.
At the time, they were in Kingston, Greater London – and acknowledged that the cost of rent would be higher more central. It was our role to make sure they got the best value for their investment.
The preferred choice turned out to be 53 Great Suffolk Street, SE1; a property still in the build phase. To cement the deal, we pre-let 15,000 sq ft and secured exclusive rights over the roof terrace, with views of the Southbank, City and West End.
We also negotiated a short-term extension to the Kingston lease, to give the developer time to finish the property.